1. Booking Confirmation and Payment Terms
1a. A booking is considered as confirmed payment is received in full and confirmation notice is sent to you.
2. Booking times
2a. Bookings times start as per confirmed time and if a client is late, booking fees are incurred from the agreed booking time.
3. Set Up and Take down time
3a. Clients must include set up and take down/clean up time within the hours booked, to avoid overtime charges.
4. Cleaning & leaving the studio in reasonable state
4a. Studio or venue space must be left in reasonable state at the end of clients booking to avoid additional cleaning charges (at discretion of Wānaka Film Studios).
5a. Clients must ensure that all minors under the age of 16 are always accompanied by a chaperone. Minors must have parent's or guardian’s permission to be at our premises, and/or to be photographed or filmed as relevant.
6. Use of Equipment
6a. If your booking comes with lighting, sound or other equipment, all equipment used must be returned promptly at the end of the hire period in the original condition, and the client is liable for repair or replacement cost for any missing or damaged equipment.
6b. Clients may not without the written consent of Wānaka Film Studios; remove the equipment from the studio premises; modify or alter or tamper with the equipment in any way; use the equipment in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer; nor allow the equipment to be used by any untrained or unauthorised personnel.
6c. Any required equipment, prop or studio booking add-ons must be requested and added to booking in advance to ensure availability. We cannot guarantee the availability of any equipment or prop where it has not been specifically requested, confirmed and added to your booking (listed in booking confirmation email within inclusive extras section).
7. Breakages, Losses and Damages
7a. Clients are responsible for any breakages, losses or damages caused to the premises or equipment by the client, or any other person(s) during booking time.
7b. All equipment used is at the risk of the client and Wānaka Film Studios shall not be liable to the client for any loss, damage, expense, or for any consequential loss (including loss of profit) arising out of or in connection with; any damage to or loss of property by the client or third party; any breakdown, stoppage or failure of the facilities/equipment provided by Wānaka Film Studios.
7c. Alterations or an addition to our premises or equipment is not permitted without prior written consent.
7d. Clients must check any equipment provided and must notify Wānaka Film Studios at the time of supply if equipment is damaged or if the condition of the equipment is not acceptable. The client is responsible for any breakages or damage if Wānaka Film Studios was not notified at the time of supply.
8. Booking Changes and Cancellations
8a. Studio hire booking times can be changed with RE-BOOKING FEES as stated below, which depend on notice time provided:
• 7 days (168 hours) or more notice time provided (from start time of booking): Rebooking fee equal to 10% of total booking fee.
• Less than 7 days and more than 3 days (168 hours to 72 hours) notice time provided (from start time of booking): Rebooking fee equal to 25% of total booking fee.
• Less than 3 days (72 hours) notice time provided (from start time of booking): Rebooking fee equal to 50% of total booking fee.
8b. Studio hire bookings can be cancelled with CANCELLATION FEES as stated below, which depend on notice time provided:
• 7 days (168 hours) or more notice time provided (from start time of booking): Cancellation fee equal to 25% of total booking fee.
• Less than 7 days and more than 3 days (168 hours to 72 hours) notice time provided (from start time of booking): Cancellation fee equal to 50% of total booking fee.
• Less than 3 days (72 hours) notice time provided (from start time of booking): Cancellation fee equal to 100% of total booking fee.
9a. Wānaka Film Studios may terminate any booking or hire contract if the client is found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions.
10a. Speakers are provided and Music can be played inside premises at a moderate and reasonable (at discretion of Wānaka Film Studios). Noise levels outside of our premises must be kept to a reasonable level during bookings. Clients are asked to consider other occupants and neighbour residents when using our facilities.
11. Littering and Waste Disposal.
11a. Clients must not litter and drop waste on the inside or outside of our premises, and must put all litter in internal bins. Additional bin bags will be provided and clients are responsible for ensuring all waste is disposed off and outside spaces are kept clean and litter free. Failure to do so will result in additional charges.
12. Cove/Cyc Painting (Cyc Room)
12a. The Cyc Room Infinity wall floor painting fee is $150.00 + gst. This charge is applicable if the surface is excessively marked and not left in reusable condition (mopping of the floor is normally sufficient when not excessively marked and we can supply a mop). The cyc floor will not always be freshly painted/spotless at the start of bookings but clients can request for it to be painted prior to bookings for $100.00 + gst. Our rate for re-painting of the entire cyc to white (floor and walls) is $350.00 + gst.
13a. These Terms and Conditions are valid at time of booking and are subject to variation. Clients will be notified of any variations prior to booking.